Thursday 8 April 2010

Christian Dior 5 colour eyeshadow review

I bought these lovely Dior eyeshadows when I went shopping last week, but it's taken me a while to find time to take photos of my entire collection of Dior quints, so I thought I'd post about the whole thing together. I love Dior eyeshadows, they are great, pigmented, smooth and come in lovely colours. I have many of them (see below) and am always very happy to hear about new ones being released. That is why I got so excited when I read that Dior were releasing two new quints in USA and was very eager for them to make it all the way to the UK too. And finally we have them! The new eyeshadow quints are 004 Mystic Smokys and 804 Extase Pinks. They cost £39 each which is quite a bit more than they were when I started collecting them about 2 years ago (I think they were £34 then, but I might be wrong). I tend to buy them in Boots or Debenhams to make use of my Advantage Card points or Beauty Club Reward system, this time I saved £25 on them because I had £20 reward on my Debenhams Beauty Club Reward Card (it was the result of several months' make up buying) and they are currently giving a £5 voucher if you spend over £25 on fragrance and beauty. Anyway... Here are some pictures of my new additions. Mystic Smokys is a nice dark combo with two highlighter shades. The lady at the Dior counter said you should use the brown shade under the other shades to intensify them, which I haven't tried yet, so don't know if it's true. But I can definitely see myself creating a nice smoky eye with the silver and purple shades on the top, and the light pink in the middle.

Extase Pinks is much prettier to me with its pinks, purple and two gorgeous grey/silver shades. I can see using the two grey/silver plus the light pink in the middle for a smoky look and also the two pinks and the purple for a nice bright pink/purple look. Overall if I could only get one, I would definitely pick this one up.

And finally, here are some pictures of my ever growing collection of Dior quints. I have 38 of them and can't wait to add the two new summer ones, Ready To Glow and Crush Glow.
All 38 quints I own
Top row: Green design, Amber Design, Purple Crystal
Bottom row: Nude Pink Design, Navy Design, Smoky Design
Top row: Pearl Glow, Coquette, Twilight
Bottom row: Smoky Crystal, Rose Spirit, Tropical
Top row: Coquette, Twilight, Sweet Illusion
Bottom row: Rose Spirit, Tropical, Gris Vip
Top row: Petal Shine, Moonlight, Pink Ray
Bottom row: Golds, Pink May, Parisian Lights
Top row: Earth Reflection, Mystic Smokys, Extase Pinks
Bottom row: iridescent Leather, Pink Idol, Stylish Move
Top row: Mystic Smokys, Extase Pinks, Silver Goddess
Bottom row: Pink Idol, Stylish Move, Pure Dreams
Top row: Tropical Light, Silk Satin, Electric Lights
Bottom row: Pearly Lilac, Summer Star, Goldfever
Top row: Sky Glow, Graphic Lights, Charming Fantasy
Bottom row: Earth Reflection, Mystic Smokys, Extase Pinks
Top row: Graphic Lights, Charming Fantasy, Night Butterfly
Bottom row: Mystic Smokys, Extase Pinks, Silver Goddess

19 comments:

  1. wow,that is a big collection,I just realized that I need to buy me some make up,cause my make up collection is really tiny :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, I'm very touched to be nominated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get Ready to Glow! Amazing collection by the way =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your collection actually made my jaw drop LOL
    i'm so jealous xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh... I only have five quints and I'm planning to expand my collection. But I have a question: How long do they last without going bad?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you mean by going bad? Powder products like eyeshadows etc. don't normally go bad, not one of mine have ever gone bad and I have a lot of make up, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, thanks! You just convinced me to buy one more quint :) I was just worried that they'd lose their texture after a while because people keep on discussing how long make up items last, when we should throw them away, etc. Now I'm dashing to add the Extase Pinks quint to my humble collection (5 Dior, 2 Chanel palettes)..

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome. Extase Pinks is gorgeous! Oh and I've just seen the new summer quints and OMG! Can't wait for them to come to Boots or Debenhams, so I can buy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sniffed around to see them after you mentioned the summer quints, but they look too much on the warm side for my cool skin. I'm sceptical.

    One quint I'll always regret missing though is the Smoky Crystal palette. Still keeping up my hopes..

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello!! i stumbled upon here searching for some reviews. what an impressive collection, i was wondering if you could briefly tell me about the colour payoff of Graphic Lights and Charming Fantasy...do you reach for them often? would very much appreciate it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Olivia,
    I have so much make up, I don't reach for anything often! :) (As you can see, most of these quints are hardly used.) But I do love pinks and purples, and both Charming Fantasy and Graphic Lights are lovely soft pinks/purples. Charming Fantasy looks a bit daunting in the pan, but that bright pink doesn't look at all that bright on me. It is very wearable. As you can see in the pictures, Graphic Lights is hardly used, I've maybe worn it once or twice, but as far as I remember, the colour payoff was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi again,

    Could you also make a similar comparison between Stylish Move and Night Butterfly? I want a palette in purple tones, one wearable on daytime, but not too pale either. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Night Butterfly was a limited edition and isn't available anymore, but Stylish Move was just re-released this spring, so definitely won't have trouble finding it. If you want a more daytime palette, I'd definitely recommend Stylish Move, it is very wearable. Night Butterfly is much darker, more suitable for evening looks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I googled Dior collections and found your blog..oh,my..drooling over here..just lovely..I do have a question. I cannot find the quint Sweet Illusion and wondered is there a quint similar to it. Thanks for any help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You could try Stylish Mauve for an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  16. and which one is ur favourite? i m thinking about getting maybe stylish move (rather misty mauve -but it was le i guess -because they dont have it in any store) but moonlight, pink ray and pearl shine are so pretty aswell! i just love taupy colours. with lilacy shimmer and light pink highlighter. hmm which should i get?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's hard to pick a favourite, I love Charming Fantasy, Summer Star, Graphic Lights, Electric Lights, Crush Glow, etc. There are so many to choose from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow............that´s the biggest collection i´ve seen ever ☺

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...