Thursday 29 April 2010

L'Occitane Peony Make Up Collection Haul

I told you about L'Occitane's upcoming make up collection here and now I'm happy to report that the collection has arrived in the UK. I have a L'Occitane in my town, so when I walked past it today I spotted the stand with all the pretty make up, and couldn't resist to check it out. They didn't have everything including the duo eyeshadows due to the recent travel disruption, but they should have the missing things tomorrow, so I will go back and check. I came away with the pretty illuminating powder, a blush, two lipglosses, the cheek and lip stain and the shimmering beauty powder (which I didn't know about until now). They're all packaged it beautiful flowery paper bags that remind me of the packaging of flower bulbs, and the powders are in cardboard boxes just like Paul & Joe powders. The lipglosses have paper/card on the outside of the top of the wand but plastic on the inside. They all look really pretty. The Beauty Powder is absolutely huge (40 g), it's for the body, but will last forever anyway, it comes with a huge fluffy puff and is housed in a tin rather than cardboard. I tested the lipsticks, but they are too sheer for my liking and the two lighter lipglosses weren't very interesting to me, but might suit others more who like sheerer colours. There's also a lipbalm that is a very light pink colour which I also didn't get. They were missing a blush (no. 03), so need to check that, they also didn't have the bronzing powder, but I probably won't want that. Below are some photos of what I did get and some swatches too. Couldn't really swatch the illuminating powder as it's very light and doesn't really show up other than a sheer glow. Tried to show you how gorgeous the shimmery beauty powder is, but the camera just couldn't capture its beauty. You need to check it out in person! ;) Oh and there's also a new perfume called Peony which smells absolutely gorgeous, but as I'm on a perfume no-buy until I use up at least 3 of my existing perfumes (honestly, I have at least 30!), I sadly have to give it a miss right now.

The collection is also available online on http://www.loccitane.co.uk/ and you get free delivery on orders over £59.

See photos of products and swatches...

Illuminating powder
Blush shade 02
Blush swatch
Lipglosses no. 03 and 04 and lip and cheek tint
Lipgloss and lip and cheek tint swatches (same order)
Huge powder puff for the Beauty Powder
Beauty Powder
Beauty Powder swatch

4 comments:

  1. Those lipglosses look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the products look really pretty, and the packaging is beautiful. I've never tried any L'Occitane makeup before! Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me neither Ellie, I don't think they had a make up line before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this, it looks like a very wearable collection, I'm going to try to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...