Saturday 3 April 2010

Urban Decay Stardust eyeshadows - review and looks

After my huge Urban Decay haul yesterday I now own all 9 shades of the new Stardust eyeshadows. So I thought I'd take a few pictures and write up a quick review for those who are interested in these eyeshadows.
My first impression of these was that they look VERY shiny. Not so much glittery (Midnight Cowboy Ride Again, I'm looking at you!), but like wet shimmer. They are very smooth, not gritty at all, and as a result, there really isn't much fallout with them. I found them pretty easy to work with.
The shadows are 3.5 g (0.12 oz) each and come in a funky square black case with slightly domes clear lid. To open them you have to squeeze the sides of the black case together (it's made of some sort of rubber). They cost £13.50 each.
They come in 9 shades, some are very light and not much more than shimmer, but there are some really nice pigmented shades in there, my favourite being Atmosphere, an intense teal colour. See some photo and swatches below.
Top row: Bobby Dazzle, Space Cowboy, Diamond Dog, Griffith, Atmosphere
Bottom row: 54, Retrograde, Moon Spoon, Void
Top row: Bobby Dazzle, Space Cowboy, Diamond Dog, Griffith, Atmosphere
Bottom row: 54, Retrograde, Moon Spoon, Void
Top row: Bobby Dazzle, Space Cowboy, Diamond Dog, Griffith, Atmosphere, 54, Retrograde
Bottom row: Moon Spoon, Void
Moon Spoon, Void
I created two different looks using these shadows, for the first one I used 54 and Retrograde, for the second one I used Bobby Dazzle, Space Cowboy and Diamond Dog. Please let me know what you think.
Bottom line is, these eyeshadows are a nice addition to the Urban Decay line. If you don't like shimmery eyeshadows, however, these are not for you. But they are fun and easy to work with. To be completely honest, I wouldn't have purchased them all at £13.50 a pop, in fact I only bought 54 and Retrograde at first, because I'm not sure they're worth that much. But if you can find them cheaper or a 3 for 2 deal, then I'd pick up 2 or 3 of them because they are pretty nice.
See more photos...
PS. I'm wearing Stereo Rose on my cheeks and Ever Hip lipstick on the lips in this second look.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...