Tuesday 18 January 2011

Lancome Ultra Lavande Spring 2011 Collection Review

Following my review of (some of) the Yves Saint Laurent spring collection I thought I'd show you what I bought from the new Lancome collection. It's an absolutely gorgeous collection of spring shades (mainly pinks and purples), and includes an eyeshadow palette, a gorgeous powder blush, 3 new shades of special edition French Touch Absolu lipsticks, 3 new shades of Ombre Magnetique eyeshadows and some new mascaras, nail polishes, lipglosses and eyeliners. I don't have all the details of the collection myself, but I can show you all the lovely things I've bought.


They are:
Ombre Absolue Minerale eyeshadow palette in Warm Harmony
Butterflies Fever mineral blush in Ballerina Nude
French Touch Absolu lipstick in Berry Rose
Ombre Magnetique crease resistant eyeshadow in Ultra Lavande

Here they are in the standard silver Lancome packaging, which is as you can see, nothing special. Inside it's only the eyeshadow palette that comes in a special packaging with a pretty bow and butterflies on it. Sadly, the blush doesn't come in a special packaging, despite it having the same design on the inside as the outside of the eyeshadow palette.


Continue reading to find out details about the products and see some more photos including swatches!

First up the eyeshadow palette. As you can see it has a lovely design on the compact. This is what I was hoping the blush would have too, but sadly no.


Inside you get 4 shades, 3 purples and a pearly white. The shades in real life are actually a bit more pink, but unfortunately my camera struggles with picking up pinks, so everything comes out more blue than in real life. I think the swatches are a better representative of the actual colours though. The eyeshadow palette costs £32.50.

Lancome Ombre Absolue Minerale eyeshadow palette in Warm Harmony

Lancome Ombre Absolue Minerale eyeshadow palette in Warm Harmony

Swatches: top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right shades

Next up is Ombre Magnetique crease resistant eyeshadow in Ultra Lavande. There are 3 shades avalaible, there's also Disco Silver and Disco Gold which I like a lot, but at £22.98 I didn't feel I desperately needed it. It's lovely, but I feel it's very pricey for just one shade. I haven't actually worn it, so I can't say whether it's truely crease resistant, but I can say that it has a lovely smooth texture and is very pigmented. You can see in the swatch below how much more intense it is compared to the eyeshadow palette. 

Lancome Ombre Magnetique crease resistant eyeshadow in Ultra Lavande

Lancome Ombre Magnetique crease resistant eyeshadow in Ultra Lavande

Ombre Magentique (left), Warm Harmony eyeshadow quad (right, shades as above)

Okay then, next one is Butterflies Fever mineral blush in Ballerina Nude. Not sure why there is an actual shade number and name because there's only one shade available. Anyway, it's a pale pink blush with a shimmery overspray, very pretty to look at with purple butterflies and a big pink bow. The glittery overspray and the purple of the butterflies comes off with the first few swipes, but the bow's colour runs through the product. I haven't swatched mine because it's too pretty to ruin straight away, but I did swatch the tester in the shop. It is very light pink, I'm not sure how well it would work on me, and although initially I was going to buy two (one to use, one to look at), I only got one because I don't think I'd get a lot f use out of it. It might be better as a highlighter instead. It costs £32.50.

Lancome Butterflies Fever mineral blush in Ballerina Nude

Butterflies Fever mineral blush in Ballerina Nude
 
Last but not least is French Touch Absolu lipstick in Berry Rose. There are two other shades available, Lily Rose and Daisy Rose, this one is the darkest and most interesting shade. It's pretty much the shade it says it is, a slightly shimmery berry-pink colour. The lipstick is so tiny, but it is 3.5g, which is actually perfectly normal size, but somehow the case is very little. It applies smoothly, it's very pigmented, the swatch below is just one swipe. It costs £23.50 (when did Lancoem become so expensive by the way???).

French Touch Absolu lipstick in Berry Rose
 
French Touch Absolu lipstick in Berry Rose

French Touch Absolu lipstick in Berry Rose

Lancome French Touch Absolu lipstick Berry Rose (taken with flash indoors)

Lancome French Touch Absolu lipstick Berry Rose (without flash on a gloomy day)

Well that's it. Is there anything you like from this collection? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for pointing me in this direction! I think you answered all of my ponders in one go ;). The Berry Rose is lovely and I'm tempted to go back and get it. I'm not sure on the blusher, although it looks very pretty, I really think it's too similar to Hang Loose for me to justify. The Ombres Magnetique looks great, I want to swatch that next time.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, Thanks for stopping by! :) Glad I could be some help. You are right about the blush being similar to Hang Loose, but that still didn't stop me. It's just too pretty. :) Hope you like the Ombres Magnetique. I can't stop thinking about that gold one. Wish it was cheaper though. :S Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across this looking for swatches of the Berry Rose lipstick. I was hoping it was the color the model was wearing in the promo image for this collection-do you know if it is? I've been looking for a color like the one she is wearing for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, but I don't know which lipstick the model is wearing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Thanks for sharing! Your version of the collection look much nicer than the US version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think there was a difference between the two?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...