Thursday 27 January 2011

Mac Peacocky Mega Metals Eyeshadow in Mating Call

Mac's new collection Peacocky is due to launch in the UK on Thursday 3rd February (and online on Tuesday 1st February) and I have here one of the Mega Metal eyeshadows in the colour Mating Call. (Please note, although it says sample on it, I actually bought this on eBay, it's not a free sample - for me anyway.) It's a light purple with a pink tinge to it (not quite duochrome, but you can see how the pink shows up in some of the swatches). It has a metallic sheen to it, but it's not shimmery or glittery at all.


I have read in reviews that the texture of these eyeshadow is creamy, which I can't really say about this one, it actually feels pretty hard in the pan. The brush doesn't kick up any powder (it's certainly not powdery), but it does pick up a good amount of colour which then applies and blends beautifully. Although it's not a very unique shade, it is very pretty and I'm looking forward to checking out the rest of the collection. These shadows are a larger size (2.2 g) than normal Mac eyeshadows, they are in fact the same pan size as Mac blushes and mineralize eyeshadows, plus the Tartan Tale single eyeshadows that came out last December. I believe they will be priced at £15.50 each. 

See below for more pictures and swatches!




With flash

In direct sunlight

With flash

With flash

With flash

In direct sunlight

In direct sunlight

Wearing Mating Call all over my lid

Wearing Mating Call all over my lid

2 comments:

  1. My god I cannot wait for this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I would have gone for these but ive got so into indie complex colours now its hard to go back, also price is an issue :\

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...