Thursday 24 February 2011

Mac Wonder Woman Haul

I was lucky enough to go to London last Sunday and while there I popped into Selfridges to check out the new Mac Wonder Woman collection. I thought I'd show you what I got, since the collection is launching at Mac next week. I apologise for the quality of the photos, I took them in the evening and the lighting wasn't great, but as usual, there are brilliant swatches on Temptalia and Karla Sugar's website, so check them out if you haven't.


I've never heard of Wonder Woman before, so to me the collection wasn't a must have, although I did like the look of a few products, but I didn't buy anything because of the special packaging. In fact, if anything, I was really put off the lipglasses because of the packaging, they are huge and look really ugly to me. I don't mind the lipsticks and blushes, the packaging is alright, although I do feel that the MSFs should've come with a mirror inside, since the red lid isn't that attractive (in my mind, you either have see through lid or mirror inside the lid). Especially for the money these cost!

I have to say that I absolutely adore Spitfire lipstick. It is absolutely beautiful and it lasts for about 4 hours on me, slowly fading away to a pretty stain. I haven't worn the other two, but I suspect Marquise d' won't last too long due to its texture and colour, and I've yet to try Heroine too.

Find out which products I've bought and see pictures and swatches after the jump!
I bought Pink Power mineralize skinfinish, Mighty Aphrodite and Amazon Princess blushes and Spitfire, Marquise d' and Heroine lipsticks. I am also planning on getting Golden Lariat once the collection is launched on debenhams.com, because I have Debenhams' Beauty Club Card and hoping for a discount code as well.

Here are the photos and swatches, let me know which ones you like, have bought or planning on buying.


Pink Power MSF

 Pink Power MSF

Mighty Aphrodite blush

Mighty Aphrodite blush

Amazon Princess blush

Amazon Princess blush

Heroine, Marquise d', Spitfire

Heroine, Marquise d', Spitfire (with flash)

Heroine, Marquise d', Spitfire (with flash under bright indoor light)

Pink Power (highlighter, middle bronzer shade, blush), Mighty Aphrodite, Amazon Princess
Taken with flash under bright indoor light

Pink Power (highlighter, middle bronzer shade, blush), Mighty Aphrodite, Amazon Princess
Taken with flash

1 comment:

  1. I have bought Golden Lariat because Pink Power didn't get shipped to the counter, I also bought Mighty Aprodite Blush, Valiant eyeshadow palette (the green one), Marquise d' and Spitfire lipsticks! I love the desigh of this collection, I actually think it's the prettiest MAC has ever done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...