Wednesday 23 March 2011

Chantecaille Sea Turtle Palette Review and Swatches

I am a big fan of Chantecaille's gorgeous limited edition palettes and was very excited when I heard that a new one featuring sea turtles was coming out this spring. My obsession with the brand started in 2008 when they released their Protected Paradise face and eye palettes, simply the most gorgeous pieces of make up I had ever seen! Although they are extremely expensive, I still managed to get my hands on them and every subsequent palette Chantecaille has produced since. If you haven't see my collection yet, take a look here!


Chantecaille gives 5% of the sales price of every palette to a charity, this year the money goes to Widecast to ensure the survival of sea turtles. This is a great cause, although I know some people think they should give more seeing how expensive these palettes are (£73 in the UK), but I guess not a lot of brands donate money to charities in the first place, so let's not grumble. Anyway, the new Sea Turtle palette is another beauty. It features 3 eyecolours and a blush, with a sea turtle on each. The shimmery colours on top are just oversprays, but the turtles should survive for a good few uses. I actually try to use the sides of the pans since they are actually a very generous size (you get 12 g in the palette), but of course the blush wouldn't work like that.

The colours are Sand, Turtle, Sea Grass and Coral, they are actually specified as Base Colour, Eye Colour, Eye Definer and Cheek colour (obv). Sand also makes a good highlighter and Sea Grass would be a gorgeous crease colour. I haven't used them yet, but as with other Chantecaille palettes, the shadows are soft and easy to swatch and true to colour.

See below for some more pictures!   





Top Row: Sand, Turtle
Bottom Row: Coral, Sea Grass

Sand

Turtle

Coral

Sea Grass

Sand, Turtle, Sea Grass, Coral (with flash)
Sand, Turtle, Sea Grass, Coral (without flash under indoor light)

Sand, Turtle, Sea Grass, Coral (without flash in natural light)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...