Saturday, 10 December 2011

Clinique Lash Power Mascara

I have a sample size of Clinique Lash Power Mascara that I've been using quite a lot and I thought I'd tell you about it because it's a good little mascara. It makes my lashes look nice and long and gives them good volume too, so really what's not to like? It has a much more straight forward brush than the No 7 mascara I reviewed a little while ago, and the brush is quite small, so would probably suit more people. I have Black Onyx and it's a nice black shade, but it also comes in Dark Chocolate for those who prefer brown mascaras.


The formula is called "long-wearing" and according to Clinique it "vows to look pretty for 24 hours without a smudge or smear" and also "lasts through rain, sweat, humidity, tears". This is true, and I was actually wondering if it is actually waterproof, and I tested it in the shower, which it isn't. In fact according to Clinique it "removes easily with warm water" which I have to disagree with, you need a good make up remover to remove it, although some of it will come off with warm water in a non-waterproof kind of way. You know what I mean. Now I don't need it to last for 24 hours and I also don't mind it that it's not a waterproof mascara, so the long-wearing bit is not that important for me, but obviously it's great that it doesn't smudge as I sometimes wear this when I go running and I don't end up with panda eyes.

So all in all, this is a great mascara and I would certainly recommend it. It costs £15 for 6 g which is not too bad for a high end mascara (or is Clinique more middle than high-end?). Have you tried this? Let me know in the comments!

See more pictures after the jump!




Me wearing Clinique Lash power Mascara (for full face picture click here)

2 comments:

  1. The brush looks like a great size for my ickle piggy eyes. I really don't understand why makeup companies insist on giving us these ridiculous long wear claims. Who on earth wears their makeup for 24 hours? Granted we've all fallen asleep on the odd occasion without removing it but not on purpose! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yes, exactly! I don't plan on being awake for 24 hours normally.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...