So last month I...
- finished 8 products (not bad) out of which the most expensive one was my beloved Guerlain Meteorites Radiant Butterfly Voyage Powder. I bought this in 2008 and in fact this was one of my first ever Guerlain purchases. It was the gorgeous Midnight Butterfly collection of holiday 2008 that sucked me in completely, I bought almost everything from it, including this beauty. It cost around £100 in shops (although I paid quite a bit less on eBay), so it's one of the most expensive make up items I own. So it was actually a bit sad to finish it, but you won't be surprised to hear that I have a back up. Plus the gorgeous compact is refillable, so I can just pop a regular Voyage Powder refill in it. Just how pretty is this?
Keep reading to find out what else I did last month!
- nearly finished a fragrance too (I'd say it has 3-4 more days to go before it's finished). I don't normally do no-buys, but I have placed myself on a fragrance no-buy until I finish at least 5 of my approximately 50 fragrances. This will be the first one to be finished, so we're talking best part of a year here. Uh-oh.
- bought far too much make up (again) and as a result managed to exceed my self-imposed beauty budget (again). I didn't do too bad (by my standards anyway), but I need to try harder next month. I was also lucky the new Mac collections didn't launch until 1st March because that would've messed up my total big time (haul post coming up by the way!). This way I'm already halfway through my March budget, but thankfully I'm not wanting much this month. April will see the new high end summer collections like Guerlain and Chanel though.
- rediscovered my less loved lipglosses including my Chanel Glossimers. It's not that I don't love them, but I keep them in a separate place from my other lipglosses because they're much longer and don't fit in the icecream boxes where my other lipglosses are (plus I was really into lipsticks during winter when it was all windy and cold) and don't tend to reach for them a lot. I also started using my Mac Dazzleglasses that have been neglected somewhat. So many glosses, so little time!
- discovered some new brands including Bellapierre and Layla, and I will be reviewing my findings soon. For now I will say I like one very much and one quite a bit. Check back later to find out more!