Saturday 31 March 2012

NOTD: Color Club Worth The Risque

This was one of the nail polishes I showed you in my recent haul post and I had a request to review some of the Color Club polishes, so I chose this. Truth is, I've been on the hunt for a good holographic nail polish for a while now and as the GOSH holographic polish is selling for crazy money on eBay, I thought I'd try some alternatives instead.


This polish is definitely not as holographic as I had hoped, compared to the GOSH one it really is disappointing. I took the pictures in hazy sunlight and you can just about see the rainbow. It is more visible under strong indoor light, but even that isn't too noticable. My nails just look silver rather than holo-rainbow, sadly. On the upside, the formula is really nice, not too thick, not too runny, fast drying and I'm into day 2 now with very minimal chipping. The coverage is absolutely fantastic, what you see in the pitures is 2 coats, but really, you can get away with one. The reason I did two coats is because I apply an extra coat on top of the Seche Vite top coat to make it longer lasting and also because top coats can dull the holo effect.

All in all, a nice subtle holo polish with a great formula. I got mine from eBay and it cost $3.25 with reasonable shipping cost.

Have you tried any holographic nail polishes? Have you got a favourite? Let me know in the comments!

See more pictures after the jump!





1 comment:

  1. It could be more holographic but I still like it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...