It doesn't look too much in the bag, but that's just the basics, I also took 5 Sleek palettes and my Mac highlighting palette with me. So yeah, too much, especially bearing in mind we spent 3 of the 5 days at the swimming pool, so those days I pretty much only wore waterproof mascara and lip balm.
Do you also take loads of make up with you when you go away or are you a minimalist? Let me know in the comments!
For details of what I took with me, keep reading after the jump!
First up the face products. I took:
- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation that I'm desperately trying to finish (I don't like it and this is my last bottle, finally!),
- Guerlain Meteorites Compact which I actually keep in my handbag anyway,
- Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and Shimmer, well only the shimmer as the other side is all used up
- two The Body Shop baked blushes
Before I went away I managed to get my hands on 7 of the new Revlon lip butters, so I decided to take them all with me for a thorough testing. I will do a review on them shortly.
|Revlon lip butters|
Eye products and a concealer. I took:
- Garnier roll-on concealer (I actually really like this one),
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
- Guerlain Le 2 waterproof black mascara,
- Givenchy Phenomeneyes Acid Blue waterproof mascara,
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara,
- 7 Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils: Zero, Oil Slick, Binge, Flipside, Corrupt, Bourbon, Lust (well you can never have enough eyeliners),
- Mac Brow Set
|Eye products (plus concealer)|
I also took 5 of my Sleek palettes, which I know sounds really excessive for 5 days, but I did take of them mostly to be used as blushes. The Good Girl palette and Paraguaya palette work really well as blushes, they are very pigmented and the pans are just big enough for a small blush brush.
And in case you're wondering, this is my make up bag. Isn't it adorable?
It's quite funny actually, I saw this bag on the Selfridges website and I really wanted to get it, but didn't want to fork out for the outrageous shipping cost. So I was delighted to discover that it's also sold by The Blott Shop which is a lovely stationery shop I took my daughter to (because she collects the erasers they sell).They also deliver free of charge if your oder is over £20 by the way. The bag is big enough for everything you see above except the Sleek palettes.
So there you go, told you I took a ton of stuff, but that's an indecisive make up addict for you.