Friday 24 August 2012

Bobbi Brown Bronzer/Blush Duo Bahama Brown/Pink Peony Review and Swatches

Now this is one confusing product. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I see the words bronzer and blush, I think brown and pink. But when it comes to this duo, you have to reverse that. The blush is brown, the bronzer is pink. Say what?


This bronzer/blush duo contains Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush and Pink Peony Illuminating Bronzing Powder. For some reason Bobbi has many pinky shades of the Illuminating Bronzing Powder available, including Antigua and Maui. I couldn't see myself using these as all over bronzers, but they make very nice blushes.

I actually have Pink Peony in a full size compact, it came out with a set I think, but I wanted to try Bahama Brown and this also makes an easy compact to travel with. I found this version a bit harder, less easy to get a good pigmentation out of. It still works fine, but my other one is softer. It is a very pretty corally pink colour. You can see me wearing it in this look. Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush is a shimmery brown shade (unsurprisingly), it can be used for conturing with Pink Peony on the cheeks. It's too shimmery to be used as bronzer all over thoough, but also makes a nice blush too. Not too dark or muddy for my medium light complexion.

You get 9.6 g of product for £27 which is a pretty good deal as 4.8 g of each product would be £21.60 and £14.40 respectively which adds up to £36. Plus Pink Peony isn't available otherwise (except on eBay) and Bahama Brown doesn't seem to be on either website I've looked, so I guess it's easiest to buy the two together. Available from Bobbi Brown's website, Debenhams, House of Fraser and other department stores.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!







Bahama Brown and Pink Peony (on the left)
Taken with flash

Bahama Brown and Pink Peony (on the left)
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Bahama Brown and Pink Peony (on the left)
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...