Wednesday 22 August 2012

Chanel Blue Illusion Collection - Illusion D'Ombre Review and Swatches and FOTD

I really like Chanel Illusion D'Ombres and one of the colours I was missing from the existing line was blue, so I was very excited when I found out about the exclusive Blue Illusion collection. It is/was an exclusive to Chanel Boutiques, Harrods and Selfridges, but luckily a kind friend picked them up for me, so I didn't have to resort to paying over £5 for postage costs.

Destination, Apparition

There are two Illusion D'Ombres in the collection, Destination, a light silver-blue colour and Apparition, a blackened blue. Destination has some shimmer in it, Apparition less so. I really like Destination, it's a very pretty colour, but I'm not bowled over by Apparition. It looks rather dull and was quite hard to blend, plus it smudged and partly disappeared by the evening. Destination lasted better, but it also faded significantly. I tried Apparition as a liner and that worked better for me.

All in all, these are not my favourites out of the Illusion D'Ombres I own (which is now 6 I believe). They are nice, but not that nice. At £23 each (for 4 g) I feel I didn't get very good value for my money.

See more pictures including swatches and a look I did with these after the jump!





Destination, Apparition

Destination, Apparition

Destination, Apparition
Taken with flash

Destination, Apparition
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Finally, here's a look I did using Destination all over the lid and Apparition on the top lashline as liner. (I tried Apparition in the crease, but I didn't like how it looked.) On the cheeks I was wearing Laura Geller Blush n Brighten in Dreamsicle and on the lips Guerlain Rouge Automatique Shine in Mitsuko.





2 comments:

  1. the darker one is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely. I love the Illusion D'ombre's, my favourites are mirifique and illusoire : )

    http://staring-at-paperfaces.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...