Saturday 25 August 2012

Guerlain Fall 2012 - Ecrin 4 Couleurs 14 Les Fauves Review and Swatches

Guerlain's autumn/fall collection also contains an eyeshadow quad, #14 Les Fauves. It will also become part of the permanent line.


Les Fauves contains 3 shades of warm brown and a bright coral. The colours are definitely on the warm side, ranging from a shimmery caramel to a warm chocolate brown. The coral is definitely more orangy than the coral that was included in the summer palette. The eyeshadows are all very soft, buttery, smooth and very pigmented. I wasn't all that chuffed with the coral in the summer palette, but all 4 shades in this one are absolutely gorgeous. As ever, they stayed on my eyes without creasing and fading. Very pleased.

I guess some people might not like the fact that there's no highlighter shade in the palette, but it doesn't bother me. I have plenty enough highlighters to last me a lifetime. The quad costs £37 and you get 7.2g of eyeshadows, which is not too bad at all.

See more pictures including swatches and a look I did with these eyeshadows after the jump!









Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Finally, here's the look I did with this palette. I used the lightest shade in the inner corner, the coral shade on the lid and the darkest shade in the crease. I also used the turquoise Guerlain loose powder eye khol (don't know it's name or which collection it came out in, sorry), Urban Decay Corrup 24/7 eyeliner, Guerlain Noir G mascara and highlighter shade form an old limited edition YSL palette. On the cheeks I used Chic Pink blush duo (review coming up soon) and on the lips Mac Eden Rouge mattene. Apologies about the eyebrows, I forgot to do them before I took the pictures.






2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the loose kohl with the palette, and will give it a try! The one that I've got is Lagon Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a blue one would work well too. I like using neutrals with a pop of colour, teal, blue, green, etc. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...