Thursday 30 August 2012

Guerlain Fall 2012 - Rose Aux Joues Blush Duo 02 Chic Pink Swatches and Review

Hope you're not sick of all my Guerlain fall collection reviews, because I have more to come! It's pretty much the only autumn/fall collection I have bought anything from, other than the gorgeous Estee Lauder Vivid Shine and Cyber Metallic eyeshadows. There are just so many lovely products and a lot of them were available on eBay for around half the actual price, so I couldn't resist.


This time I actually managed to buy the proper compact rather than a tester, so I can finally show you what the blush duo compact looks like. This is shade 02 Chic Pink, that contains a very wearable slightly shimmery rosy pink shade and a very light peachy pink matte shade. The top half is really pretty and well pigmented, but unfortunately the lighter shade doesn't really show up on me. As it's matte, I don't find it very useful to highlight and is obviously way to light to contour. The darker shade shows up well, but is subtle enough for an everyday look. I guess lighter skintones would make better use of the lighter shade.

In the compact you also get a small brush which is pretty useful for picking up blush from the smaller pan as it's a bit small for a regular size blush brush. The small brush is also useful for contouring. There is of course also a mirror in the compact and it comes in a velvet pouch inside the black outer box.

I'm not sold on these blushes yet to be honest. For starters they are really expensive at £32.50 for 6 g. I also find that some of the shades don't work well for me, so while you get 2 blushes in one compact, one might not be all that great. I do like Peach Boy and Pink Punk the most (check out this post for swatches), although the darker shade in Chic Pink is also very pretty, it's just not £32.50 pretty if you see what I mean.

Have you bought any of these yet? Let me know what you think in the comments!

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!







Taken with flash

Taken without flash

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Wearing Chic Pink on the cheeks

3 comments:



  1. Gyönyörű! Szép árnyalatot választottál :)
    A Guerlain-nek van a legszebb csomagolása, gondolom ez már jobb minőségű mint a 4 színű elődje, mert az borzalmas volt.
    De a kép alapján szépen beleolvad az arcbőrbe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, never fed up of reading about Guerlain :) Just before my holiday I did cave, and bought Peach Boy - now I own TWO blushers lol! I actually really love it, wonderful colour for me, and applies well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Peach Boy - I'm going to pick one up for myself ;) although I'd love to hear about your various eBay purchases - how do you find them!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...