Thursday 9 August 2012

Guerlain Fall 2012 - Rouge G L'Extrait Review and Swatches

Guerlain has launched a new lip product this fall/autumn called Rouge G L'Extrait which is basically a matte liquid lipstick. According to the official description "This exceptional liquid, creamy, consistent, ultra-pigmented and velvety lip colour delivers an incredibly sophisticated make-up result. Wear it not to tease but to awaken desire! The colour becomes matt in a moment and reveals its superb qualities. Non-sticky, non-drying and non-feathering, this luxurious texture is a waking dream that lasts for hours for all women who love colour. A formula with rejuvenating and smoothing benefits that are tangible on application and over time, day after day. The Rouge G case has been reinterpreted in a sleeker version to hold this liquid texture. Pull and click...and watch the familiar double mirror gracefully open. Then, simply turn the cap to take up the colour and apply it elegantly and easily with its flocked tip."


I purchased 3 of them to try out. The shades I was most excited about are M25 Colere, M41 Envie and M71 Gourmandise. Colere is a nice blue based red, reminds me of Gigolo Rouge G. Envie is bright orangey coral. Gourmandise is bright fuchsia pink, similar to Girly Rouge G. They actually come in 7 shades and all shades are named according to the seven deadly sins. Anyway, I have now tried them all out and I have to say, I really like them. As the description says, these are liquid lipsticks that dry down to a matte finish really quickly, but despite being matte, they are actually very comfortable and not drying at all. I personally felt some stickiness and there was some colour transfer (they aren't kiss-proof), but they really didn't dry my lips and didn't feather at all. I didn't find them especially long lasting, without eating they lasted for about 4 hours, but if I ate, they tended to disappear off my lips. I don't mind this at all, but I do want to point it out because they are supposed to be long-lasting and they're not (on me anyway). The formula is really lovely and lightweight, and the colours I've tried are all opaque with just one swipe.

The case is the usual Rouge G case with the folding mirror. It doesn't feel as heavy as the original Rouge G case, although it is longer (but perhaps a bit slimmer), similar in lenght to the Noir G mascara. I don't really need the mirror most of the time, but it's a nice-to-have I guess. I believe these lipsticks are actually refillable, but I don't think the re-fills are available yet. Although part ofthe fall/autumn collection, these lipsticks are becoming part of the permanent line.

The price of these is the same as the regular Rouge G lipsticks, currently £29.50. For that you get 6 ml which is a rather generous amount of lipstick. Would I recommend them? If you're on a tight budget, unless you see a shade you really really like, they aren't that special. If you have a bigger budget, they're worth trying out as they are nice, I'm just not sure they are £29.50 nice.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!







Colere

Envie

Gourmandise

Colere, Envie, Gourmandise
Taken with flash

Colere, Envie, Gourmandise
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Envie

Wearing Envie

Gourmandise

Wearing Gourmandise

Colere

Wearing Colere

6 comments:

  1. A Guerlain verhetetlen csomagolásban.
    A legjobban az Envie színe tetszik és szerintem ez áll a legjobban neked, nagyon tetszik az ezzel készült fotód :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Colere on you! They all look quite interesting!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love Colere, it's a very flattering red.

      Delete
  3. It looks very pigmented. I love Colere on you and I love your nail polish. May I know what nail polish you are wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thanks for your comment. Check out this post for my nail polish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...