Thursday 9 August 2012

Mac Electric Cool Eyeshadows Review and Swatches

Earlier this month Mac has launched a new collection of 12 cream eyeshadows called Electric Cool. I wasn't sure whether I wanted any of them because they were rumoured to be the reformulated Big Bounce eyeshadows, but thankfully they aren't. I ended up picking up 4 of them: Fashion Circuit, Brilliantly Lit, Superwatt, Electroplate.


These little pots of eyeshadows are actually very impressive. They feel very creamy, but they dry down pretty quickly and stay put without any creasing for 10+ hours (I always wear them over a primer). They are brilliant on days when I only have time for a quick wash of eyeshadow. I wouldn't compare them to the Armani Eyes To Kill, Chanel Illusion D'Ombre or L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows because their textures are different, but I guess they're in the same family. The Electric Cool eyeshadows I've bought have lots of shimmer and are quite frosty, except Brilliantly Lit which is more satiny.

Colourwise the available shades aren't very unique, I'm pretty sure all of them can be easily dupeable. I have found that Fashion Circuit for example is extremely close to Endless Sea L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow. The L'Oreal shadow is more frosty and at certain angles blueer, but on my eyes they are practically the same. Fashion Circuit is a gorgeous colour though and well worth picking up if you don't own anything similar yet. Brilliantly Lit is a bit more unique, you don't often get cream shadows in yellowy lime green shade.

Mac Electric Cool eyeshadows cost £14.50, and you get 2.1g product in a screw top black plastic container. They are limited edition, but most shades are still available, so if you're interested, take a look at your nearest Mac counter.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!




Top row: Fashion Circuit, Brilliantly Lit
Bottom row: Superwatt, Electroplate

Top row: Fashion Circuit, Brilliantly Lit
Bottom row: Superwatt, Electroplate

Fashion Circuit, Brilliantly Lit, Superwatt, Electroplate
Taken with flash

Fashion Circuit, Brilliantly Lit, Superwatt, Electroplate
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Fashion Circuit, Brilliantly Lit, Superwatt, Electroplate
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Wearing Superwatt on the lid, Brilliantly Lit below lashline

Wearing Superwatt on the lid, Brilliantly Lit below lashline

Wearing Fashin Circuit in crease blended upwards
L'Oreal Infallible Endless See all over lid and Innocent Turquoise on inner lid

Wearing Fashin Circuit in crease blended upwards
L'Oreal Infallible Endless See all over lid and Innocent Turquoise on inner lid

2 comments:

  1. I have Superwatt, Electroplate, Coil, and Love Power! I love the formula so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love the review, I've swatched diff colours to urs u can see my review on these here aqeelakeela.blogspot.co.uk.

    Its great to find a make-up addict just like me =D

    I'm followin u thru GFC wud love for u to follow back x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...