Thursday 23 August 2012

Mac Styleseeker Collection Sneak Peek - Eden Rouge Mattene Lipstick

Mac's one of many new collections, Styleseeker (due to be released in the UK in September) sees the return of their fantastic mattene lipsticks, so I thought I'd do a little review of one of the shades, Eden Rouge. Mine is actually from an older collection, but I believe the colour stayed the same, so hope this is helpful.


Mac mattene lipsticks are the best matte lipsticks I have ever tried, without a doubt. They are creamy, hydrating, very comfortable to wear and long lasting. Eden Rouge is a beautiful blue-based red with a slight sheen. I guess it's not completely matte, but I'm happy with that (I prefer non-matte lipsticks anyway). It is pretty opaque, so you pretty much only need one swipe. It feels very lightweight and doesn't have that slightly tacky texture of the Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait lipsticks. Eden Rouge lasts on me for about 4 hours without eating, it comes off when I eat, but then they're not claiming to be long lasting.

Based on the online swatches I have seen of the other 4 shades in the collection, I don't think I'll pick any of them up, but I would definitely pick Eden Rouge up if I didn't have it already. You get 2.3 g for around £14.50 (I don't know the exact price just yet, it's $15 in the US), so they are slightly smaller than the regular lipsticks which are normally 3 g. Sadly all mattenes are limited edition and I am really considering getting another Eden Rouge - BUT I am going to enforce a big lipstick no-buy on myself when I reach 400 lipsticks and I only have 6 choices left, so not sure if I want to use one up for Eden Rouge. It is lovely, but maybe Mac will bring out some more pretty shades and then what will I do??? (Anyway, I will tell you more about my no-buy plans soon.)

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Wearing Eden Rouge

Wearing Eden Rouge on the lips

3 comments:

  1. I think i always say this but I always love your eye makeup. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, thank you! That's the new Guerlain fall eyeshadow quad. Will review it soon. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...