Saturday 5 January 2013

2012 Favourties - Part 2: Eyes

I buy and wear a lot of eyeshadows, eyeliners and mascaras, that is one thing I don't think I'll ever be able to stop. I have very undefined eyes, so I cannot be without eyeliner and mascara, eyeshadows are more of the fun part, I really enjoy playing with colours and have got pretty good at doing quite fancy looks.

I'll start with eyeshadows. One of the brands I mostly raved on about on here in 2012 is L'Oreal, I love their Infallible eyeshadows. Nowadays I tend to gravitate towards high end eyeshadows, but every so often cheaper brands that come out with something amazing and I'm not that much of a snob not to check them out. I did a series of reviews as I bought 20 shades of them, here's the recap post that is linked to all the reviews.


My other favourite eyeshadows that I often compare the L'Oreal Infallibles to were Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill and Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadows. You can find several reviews of these on the blog as well, just do a search. I loved the Infallible eyeshadows most for their affordableness and big colour selection (although we don't get quite as many in the UK, but thank God for eBay and US sellers).

Carry on reading after the jump to discover which other products I loved in 2012!


Although Estee Lauder had already introduced the gelee powder formula with their Modern Mercury highlighter in 2011, it was really in 2012 that these products really took off. Estee Lauder came out with two loads of eyeshadows and also two gorgeous eyeshadow palettes with the gelee powder formula, and Mac released two collections of Extra Dimension eyeshadows. The formula of these is like cream, but they're powder/hybrid eyeshadows and don't crease at all like cream products sometimes do. I love it that there are now so many colours available, these are definitely my favourite eyeshadow formula of 2012.


You can read my detailed review on these (Estee Lauder and Mac) eyeshadows by clicking here.

I also really enjoyed using Too Faced eyeshadows last year, their palettes released in the autumn and winter were exceptionally great quality. I also love their Insurance Policy primer which I cannot believe I've never reviewed on this blog as it has become my go to eyeshadow primer. Must do a review soon!


As for eyeliners, I have really gotten to know and love Stila's Smudge Sticks in 2012. I also carried on loving Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencils and bought an awful lot of new shades. Although I didn't discover them in 2012, I continued to love Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliners and Make Up Forever Aqua Liners as well as the Mac Superslick Liquid Eyeliners very much.


Finally, mascaras. Guerlain remains my favourite brand for mascaras, although their new Guerlain Noir G mascara didn't manage to beat thier Le 2 mascaras for me (you can read my review of the latest Le 2 mascara released in the summer collection here). I also tried out and really liked Cargo Lash Activator mascara. While on the subject of lashes, I still use and love RapidLash.

Let me know which products you enjoyed using in 2012! I'll be back with the next installment of my 2012 Favourites tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Unsurprisingly a lot of your favourites are my favourites too :) I'm also loving my Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight palette, and my Smashbox palettes and liners. Thanks for posting the name of the MUFE stockist - went to check on them, and they've got a massive half-price sale....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for letting me know about the sale, I've found a few things I've really wanted but never got around to buying full price! xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...