Saturday 16 February 2013

Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pots Review and Swatches

Mac has released 8 "new" Pro Longwear Paint Pots this month, although only 2 of them are actually new shades, the other 6 are repromoted or even from the permanent line. I only bought the two new shades: Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond, because I already owned the other 6. Although mine are the original, "just" Paint Pots, I believe the formula hasn't been changed, they've just been renamed to Pro Longwear Paint Pots.


So I thought I might as well do a quick post on them and show you all the swatches. For once, these are actually NOT limited edition, so you can take your time to purchase the ones you like. Yay!

We have here Let's Skate from Glitter & Ice (2011), Chilled On Ice, Vintage Selection, Let Me Pop and Dangerous Cuvee from Cham-Pale (2010), Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond (new) and Blackground (permanent). All of them are glittery and/or frosty to some extent, some more than others. They are quite sheer, perfect for a quick wash of colour. I often use paint pots when I don't have time to do a complex eye look, just swipe one colour on my lids and maybe another one to highlight and that's it. These paint pots are brilliantly long lasting and they don't crease all day long (not even without primer underneath). Once they dry, they're not going anywhere. They are also very good as eyeshadow bases.

As you can see, most of the old paint pots are still in good condition, but my Let Me Pop has shrivelled up somewhat. I don't know why, I stored it just like I store the others (upside down with the lid tightly closed) and it's the same age as the other 3 Cham-Pale ones. It still works, it's not too dry, but I suspect it may not have too much life in it left. Oh well, at least I can repurchase it now it's permanent. Actually Let Me Pop isn't one of my favourites, it's a bit chunky and hard to get even. My favourites are definitely Vintage Selection and Dangerous Cuvee, but I also really like Antique Diamond.

Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pots cost £14.50 and you get 5 g of product for your money. It's nice to have some new shades added to the permanent line, but I would still like to see some bright colours like purple, blue, teal and green.

See more pictures including swatches and a look I did with Antique Diamond after the jump!



Top row: Let's Skate, Chilled On Ice, Vintage Selection, Let Me Pop
Bottom row: Dangerous Cuvee, Frozen Violet, Antique Diamond, Blackground
Taken with flash

Top row: Let's Skate, Chilled On Ice
Bottom row: Dangerous Cuvee, Frozen Violet
Taken with flash

Top row: Vintage Selection, Let Me Pop
Bottom row: Antique Diamond, Blackground
Taken with flash

Top row: Let's Skate, Chilled On Ice, Vintage Selection, Let Me Pop
Bottom row: Dangerous Cuvee, Frozen Violet, Antique Diamond, Blackground
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Top row: Let's Skate, Chilled On Ice
Bottom row: Dangerous Cuvee, Frozen Violet
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Top row: Vintage Selection, Let Me Pop
Bottom row: Antique Diamond, Blackground
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Let's Skate, Chilled On Ice, Vintage Selection, Let Me Pop
Taken with flash

Dangerous Cuvee, Frozen Violet, Antique Diamond, Blackground
Taken with flash

Let's Skate, Chilled On Ice, Vintage Selection, Let Me Pop
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Dangerous Cuvee, Frozen Violet, Antique Diamond, Blackground
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Wearing Antique Diamond on the lids (with Bare Study paint pot on the browbone to highlight):







4 comments:

  1. Love the one you are wearing!! :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antique Diamond looks great on you! :)

    I love using Let Me Pop. It is sheer but very sparkly at the same time. I combine it with a warm brown from the MUA Heaven and Earth palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love paint pots - Antique Diamond is a great addition. I see that there are a few more coming out later this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...