Tuesday 5 March 2013

Maybelline Superstay 14 Hour Lipstick Review and Swatches

So I was in Boots the other day looking at make up and found a new shade of Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows (review coming soon) that I really liked the look of. But since there was a 3 for 2 offer on Maybelline make up, I thought I might as well take advantage of it and ended up buying two of the new Superstay 14 Hours lipsticks. I got 430 Stay With Me Coral and 160 Infinitely Fuchsia, the two brightest shades.


First of all I'd like to point out, that I'm not a muppet and wasn't expecting these lipsticks to last for 14 hours. The blogger in me was very curious and of course had to get them. So, do they last for 14 hours? Of course not. Now that's out the way, let's see what the lipsticks are actually like.

I'm pleased to say that they are actually pretty nice. They are creamy, vibrant, they smell gorgeous (this I was worried about as most drugstore/cheap lipsticks smell hideous with a few exceptions) and feel lovely on. Infinitely Fuchsia feels smoother on, Stay With Me Coral seems heavier and doesn't look as smooth either. They both apply very opaque in just a couple of swipes and last for about 4-5 hours depending on whether I eat or not. I tested them both for wear, they were both okay for 3-4 hours with little eating/drinking, and then practically disappeared when I had a proper meal. The sheen starts to disappear after about 3 hours and I've found that the lipstick starts fading from the inner part of my lips first. They last well for a regular lipstick, butu definitely nowhere near the advertised 14 hours!

On the plus side they feel really nice on, they're not at all sticky and don't feel drying at all unlike a lot of long lasting lip products. I didn't need to apply any gloss or balml on top, or even afterwards, my lips were fine. Won't say they're actively moisturising, but definitely not drying.

According to Boots they come in 20 shades, but I can only see 11 on their website and my local store only had about 8 shades on the display. There are lighter, more muted shades as well, but I like mine bright.

These lipsticks cost £6.99 each (I don't know what size they are as it doesn't say anywhere) and there's a 3 for 2 offer on all Maybelline make up at Boots at the moment.

See lots more pictures including arm and lip swatches after the jump!



430 Stay With Me Coral, 160 Infinitely Fuchsia

430 Stay With Me Coral

160 Infinitely Fuchsia

430 Stay With Me Coral, 160 Infinitely Fuchsia
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

430 Stay With Me Coral, 160 Infinitely Fuchsia
Taken without flash in natural daylight

430 Stay With Me Coral, 160 Infinitely Fuchsia
Taken with flash

160 Infinitely Fuchsia
Newly applied

160 Infinitely Fuchsia
Newly applied

160 Infinitely Fuchsia
After 3 hours' wear with no eating or drinking

160 Infinitely Fuchsia
After 3 hours and a big mug of coffee

160 Infinitely Fuchsia
After 4 hours and lunch

160 Infinitely Fuchsia
After 4.5 hours and a yoghurt

430 Stay With Me Coral
Newly applied

430 Stay With Me Coral
Newly applied

430 Stay With Me Coral
After 3 hours and a yoghurt

1 comment:

  1. I bought one of these (the mauve one) and I loved it! The colour stayed on for aaaaaages, so much so that I got bored of it and wiped it off and I got a lovely, muted stain.

    I did something I *never* do and bought another colour in the range and I love that one (a more nude colour) just as much.

    These lippes rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...